- 1 pound ground chicken (you could also use ground turkey)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 T taco seasoning mix, or more to taste
- 1 t dried oregano
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 T distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese or Mexican blend
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 (7 inch) flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Brown the ground turkey, onion, garlic, taco seasoning, and oregano in a skillet over medium heat, breaking the meat up into crumbles as it cooks. Stir in sour cream and vinegar until well mixed. Remove from heat, and mix in the cheese.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over low heat. When melted, dip each tortilla into the margarine for about 30 seconds, or until soft. Place the softened tortilla onto a baking sheet, and fill with about 1/3 cup of the meat mixture. Fold the right and left sides of the tortilla over the filling, then the top and bottom, making an envelope that completely encloses the filling. Flip the tortilla seam side down on the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the tortilla is crisp, about 15 minutes.
2 T vegetable oil
1 C uncooked brown rice
1 onion, chopped
1/2 bell pepper, chopped (I used yellow, but any color is fine)
2 C water
1 pint of halved grape tomatoes (you could also dice a large tomato or even use a 10 oz can of diced tomatoes)
2 t chili powder
1 t salt or to taste
- Heat oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Saute rice, onion, and bell pepper until rice is browned and onions are tender.
- Stir in water and tomatoes. Season with chili powder and salt. Cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, or until rice is cooked and liquid is absorbed.